I’ve been collecting a bunch of samples to load onto my Music Thing Radio Music modules and wanted to share the ones I’ve sourced so far- see link below:
Bank files include recordings crashed airplane black boxes, stand-up comedian routines, Alex Jones shows, field recordings, Beach Boys “Pet Sounds” acapellas, Bob Ross shows, William S. Burroughs reading “Junkie”, NASA sounds, various interviews/speeches/broadcasts, and some sparse free jazz music.
HOW IT WORKS
Each folder contains a number of .raw files that are akin to “stations” on the Radio Music. Folders are akin to “banks” on Radio Music. You can have up to 16 banks on each SD card. See more here:
HOW TO USE THEM
- Download the “Radio Music Template” zip file and unzip, or create your own (it’s essentially just empty folders labeled “0” through “15”)
- Drag any number of files into a single 0-15 folder. I find 10-20 is best- any more than 20 and it gets a little more difficult to accurately scroll through stations without skipping them.
- You don’t need to fill up every folder, but why not? Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em!
- Once you are done, drag ONLY the numbered folders 0-15 onto your SD card. Eject SD card, insert in Radio Music module, and have fun!
SOME NOTES ON THE FILES
- I do not own any of the files, nor do I have permission to do anything with them. They have all been ripped or downloaded from the internet without the creator or artist’s permission. Any associated legal restrictions apply.
- A lot of files were ripped from online video players, so they are not necessarily high-quality audio.
- You may notice that the files are numbered, and that there are missing numbers in some of the folders. This is likely because some of the files were too big for Box.com to upload. If it’s really bugging you, HMU for the missing files and I’ll do my best to track them down.
- I did not do a good job of labeling the files individually to provide any insight into what each is- the folder descriptions are all you get. This was mostly due to laziness and the fact that IDGAF- I just use them. Again, if you need more info, I can try to dig it up, but don’t disappointed if I can’t find it.